From the Reimann Family

December 18, 2013

At 4:44 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18th, 2013, Jim went to be with the Lord and to hear the words he has wanted to hear, “Well Done, My Good and Faithful Servant!” We know that God is completely Sovereign and has a plan for all of us, indeed fulfilling His plan for Jim. He “Ran the Race” and “Fought the Good Fight”. Our prayer over the past few weeks has consistently been for God’s will so that He may be glorified through all of this. Jim is with the Lord now, but isn’t it wonderful that he has already said what he would want to say to you today in his writings, Morning by Morning and Evening by Evening? The following are exerpts “From the Pen of Jim Reimann” in those two books.

“He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he” (Deut. 32:4)

“All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be”. (Psalm 139:16)

Thus, when it comes to sickness, we must keep in mind there may be a purpose greater than our own – that God may be glorified!

It is not God’s will for everyone to be healed each and every time we pray for healing. If that were truly the case, we would never see a believer die physically, and we know that occurs. Of course, when we see a friend or family member dealing with a difficult illness, our spiritual nature leads us to pray for them. And that is what we should do. Yet we must keep in mind that our will always must be in submission to God’s will.

It is inevitable, if we live a long life here on earth, that we will have to deal with the loss of a loved one – perhaps many losses. Although it is not wrong to pray for God’s healing, we should always desire that His will be done. And there may come a time when the Lord reveals to you that He wants to take His saint on to glory. At that point, it is not only appropriate but also obedient to release that person through prayer to the Lord. It also may be appropriate to tell the loved one for whom you are praying that it is okay to go on to glory. Remember: Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. (Psalm 116:15)

Many people fear death, but it is something believers should never fear. Paul makes it seem as natural and easy as falling asleep, and the Old Testament tells us: “There is a time for everything…a time to be born and a time to die” (Eccl. 3:1-2).

Others may say, “It’s not being dead I’m afraid of – It’s getting dead!” Yet not only is the timing of our death in God’s hands but also how we will die. And whether it is a painful home-going or not, the Lord promises, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you” (Heb. 13:5). He is “the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles” (2 Cor. 1:3-4).

So many Christians fear death, but in truth a believer never really dies. Otherwise, eternal life would not be eternal. And if we think about it, do we really want to live forever in these earthly bodies, facing continual weakening, decline, and decay? Perhaps our thinking needs to be transformed regarding these worldly shells we call bodies. May we comfort each other with these words of Paul: “The dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: ‘Death has been swallowed up in victory.’ Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?'” (1 Cor. 15:52-55).

I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain (Phil. 1:20-21).

May even our death bring glory to God, for Jesus once shared with Peter – “the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God (John 21:19).

What a blessing it is for our family to have these words from Jim to comfort us. We hope they will be a comfort to you as well. Although these words are excerpts “From the Pen of Jim Reimann”, he quotes so much scripture in his writings. Therefore, they are really the words of our Lord that are comforting us. What an Amazing Sovereign Lord we have indeed. He is truly the God of all Comfort.

December 14, 2013

Jim’s health continues to decline at a very rapid rate. Hospice was engaged last week and they have provided valuable counsel and assistance. We brought in a hospital bed and Jim is asleep most of the time except for a few moments here and there. We give him pain medication every hour or two so that he can be comfortable. He’s not had food or drink for several days now, so we know the end is approaching. Please continue to pray for Jim to experience the Lord’s peace. Also, please pray for us to love and support him in every way possible in the time we have left with our beloved one.

December 9, 2013

We received all the test results late last week, and with 99% certainty Jim has been diagnosed with Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD).  Several tests were run where positive results are indicative of CJD, and each test result came back positive.  There were also a number of tests run to explore other autoimmune disorders affecting the brain, but each of these tests came back negative.  This confirmed diagnosis is not what we were hoping for and yet we have been preparing over the last few weeks to hear it.  Jim’s mental and physical abilities have been declining rapidly, and the symptoms we are seeing clearly match the descriptions of CJD.

As mentioned previously, there is no cure for this disease.  The only treatments are pain medications and sleep aids to help make Jim more comfortable.

November 19, 2013

Jim and Pam met with a neurologist today.  It was the first visit with this doctor as previously Jim’s evaluation and testing had been overseen by a hospital neurologist.  The new doctor reviewed Jim’s history and the tests previously ordered.  The doctor also ordered additional tests which will be scheduled for later this week and/or next week.  Most of the test results from the first round of testing are not yet back from the labs, so there was no new information from this visit.  Given the time required to process these test results, it may be several weeks before any more definitive information is known about Jim’s condition.

November 15, 2013

As you may have heard, Jim has had problems with confusion since early October. He recently went to the hospital for additional testing, and he has been tentatively diagnosed with a rare disease that attacks the lining of the brain. This is a terminal illness that is an extremely rapid form of dementia. It is not known for certain how people get the disease, and there currently is no course of treatment or cure.

Prayer Requests

We continue to ask the Lord for healing and restoration of Jim’s body even as we submit to our Father’s sovereign, holy, and good purposes for Jim and our family.  Please join us in that prayer.

As you pray for Jim, please pray that the Lord would show him grace, peace, and joy moment by moment.  As you pray for our family, please pray that we each would have wisdom and discernment in how to minister to Jim and show him the love and support that he needs.  Pray that we will be reminded daily to stay strong in our faith, relying solely on the Lord’s strength, and to stay completely focused on Him, His will, and His Word.  We know that our Holy God is still sovereign over all, and we choose to trust Him no matter what.

We know the days and weeks ahead will be difficult, so we thank you very much for your prayers.

Contacting the Family

We can only begin to express how blessed we have been by the outpouring of love, prayer, messages, and practical support for our family.  Your contact from literally all over the world reminds us of special times where our lives have intersected – some for a longer time and some only briefly.  But we know that the Lord had a purpose in each relationship and we thank Him for you.

To continue sharing your love, appreciation, and support for Jim and Pam, you may contact them by either:

1)  Leaving a post on Jim’s website — www.JimReimann.com/care

2)  Sending a private email message to the family — care@JimReimann.com

Thank you so much for your prayers and support for Jim, Pam, and our family.

Leave a Reply to Sherry Abrams Cancel reply

485 responses to “From the Reimann Family”

1. Terry Harper says:

We are praying for you all today!

2. Lani Hoben says:

You are on our hearts and in our prayers. Jim and Lani Hoben

3. Kevin Cross says:

Jim & Pam – I pray that the sweet closeness you experience during these “light and momentary troubles” give you more to share with the rest of us who have not tasted such closeness to our loving Father.

I will not stop praying.

Your brother,

Kevin.

4. Karen Grosse says:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. God bless!

Karen and Ron Grosse

5. Dear Jim and Pam: Our heart and prayers are with you at this time. Our prayer warriors located around the world are joining in with your ministry network in believing God for a miracle. We are praying for His mercy and His grace. We thank you for all that you personally mean to us, to our ministry and to all the recipients of your ministry through the years. For all the seeds of hope you have sown, we are praying a harvest of healing, blessing and God’s provision. He can make a way…when there seems to be no other way. You are greatly loved! Mary Lucy and Pastor J. Rea Holliday, Sonflower Ministries

6. Kathy Paparelli says:

Pam and Jim I am praying for you. I’m without words this morning so I’ll return now to prayer. My heart and prayers to your family. All my love!

7. Jordan mansell says:

One more thing Jim and Pam gods word says
    He wants to prosper you and not toHarm you
    Plans to give you a Hope and a Future!!! Her 29:11

That devil is working overtime bc his time is short.
    Speak out rev 20:10. The Lord is going to see you through Jim stand up and shout Praise The Lord!!!!

Love you and Pam so much Jordan Mansell (stylist)

8. Jordan mansell says:

Hi Pam, it’s Jordan!!
    Recite revelation 20:10 out loud
    Write on your lips on sticky notes
    Over and over say it out loud!!
    Stand strong be strong and courageous
    Do not fear!!!!! Jim is Healed in Jesus name

Love Jordan Mansell

9. Jane Bateman says:

Jim and Pam,
    Committing you many times during the day and night to Him who loves you and holds you in the palm of His hand. May He drench you with His peace.

Larry and I love you both,
    jane bateman

10. Mark and Janet Sweeney says:

Dear Jim and Pam,
    Our hearts grieved as we listened to “A Message from Jim and Pam”… and as we learned of your recent diagnosis. Your lives have been a continual demonstration of the sovereignty and graciousness of God, and he has used you both so mightily throughout the years… Our natural tendency is to plead with the Father to spare you from this illness if he so chooses.
    Jim, you have written and taught for decades that God is in control– and we will pray fervently with the hundreds of your other friends that his will be done on Earth, and in your lives… to the praise and glory of the Father! We love you both…
    Mark and Janet

11. Kelly & Mary Scott Laughlin says:

We are praying for you. Kelly & Mary Scott

12. dick abrams says:

if there is anything your old heathen friend can do, please don’t be shy…sherry and I love you…keep praying.

13. liza gilbert says:

Jim and Pam, Thanking for sharing, Ted and I will be praying for you and your family. Love, Liza

14. Ann McElroy says:

Jim and Pam,
    I too am standing with you in prayer for God to reveal His Perfect Plan for your lives. You both have meant so much to me over many years. I will continue to bring you before the Throne of Grace.
    Much love,
    Ann McElroy

15. Eleanor Gilmer says:

Jim and Pam. You are in my prayers daily. I pray for a miracle. I know God knows all about it and is in complete control.

16. Ruthanne Ray says:

Jim and Pam, You have always and continue now, even on this new journey that God is leading you on, to exhibit His goodness and mercy. Praying for you and with you – for a healing miracle that we will all rejoice and give Him the glory!! Thank you for leading by example even during this test. You are passing with flying colors.

17. Lori Brennan says:

I will be praying for God to be in all the details involved and for a miraculous healing. Thank you for your many years of showing others how to walk in will.

18. Vivian Gray says:

I am a friend of Terri LaGrand’s. She has asked me to visit your website and keep you in my prayers. His will is what we all want. I join you to pray for a miracle if it is his will.

Love in Christ,

Vivian Gray

19. carole costello says:

Deaar Pam and Jim,

I 1st came to know you through our BS with Cindi Fain…I look forward to receiving your daily devotionals, they have helped me in my walk with GOD,, more than you could possibly imagine, Thank you both for that…I am embracing you and your families with my thoughts and prayers, I know you know how many people are praying for you and I also know that this sustaining you…Blessing to you both

20. Debra Swann says:

I am praying for your healing and for God to sustain you through this difficult time. The Spurgeon works you updated have been instrumental in my Christian walk…..God has used you mightily, and He will continue to. May God comfort you and your precious family as you look to Him.

21. Sherry Abrams says:

Dick and I are so very upset. So glad we found each other after all these years. Feel just as close to you as ever and so does Dick. My prayers are with you and Pam. Our love as always, Sherry

22. Roger Kuhn says:

Dear Jim & Pam,
    Ron shared with us at IMF his phone call from you, Pam, and we all prayed for you today.
    Thanks for facing your uncertain physical future in full faith – it encourages us all!
    Grace & Peace in Jesus,
    Roger

23. Carla Barnes says:

Dear Jim and Pam,

From the top of his head to the soles of his feet, I pray for the full recovery of God’s physical blessing to heal, Jim, in the name of Jesus.

I have always told, Jim, one of these days I was going to Jerusalem with him, as soon as I get a FT job. I felt his knowledge and passion would be the best for the spiritual experience of a lifetime.

I don’t like the idea of knowing I may not be able to see Israel with Jim, so I’ll say, God is neat and in order. I know I’m being selfish in the time I want for, Jim, but I also believe in miracles. May God comfort you in peace, embrace you with mercy, and engulf you in compassion. I’ve only known you a short time, but I know a man of God immediately. You my dear brother is truly a man of G, and am grateful I’ve gotten to know you.
    Your sister in Christ and an abiding love for you to get well ASAP… love carla

24. Scott Armstrong says:

Jim, as a staff, we prayed for you this morning and asked God to deliver you from this disease but we trust the Father’s plan wherever that leads. Thank you for your faithfulness in ministry and your love for God and our Savior!

25. Susann Coleman Murphy says:

We will be praying and count it such a honor to do so. I have great memories of you both at FBA! Everytime we read a devotion from My Utmost we think and praise the Lord for your commitment and devotion to the Lord and His Word.

Love and Blessings to you both,

Susann Murphy

26. Jan Schuler says:

Jim and Pam, we are praying for your appointment today, for wisdom and good counsel from the doctors, but above all, for God’s healing miracle. Your lives and faith continue to inspire us. Much Love, Jan and Tom

27. patricia jones says:

I will be praying for this wonderful man who has been such an inspiration through his writings to so many of usl Both Jim and Pam are in my prayers, daily.Please add my name to the many, many more who owe so much to your ministry.

28. Don & Judy Wickham says:

Jim & Pam, Our heartfelt prayer goes out to you both, during these trying times. The most glorious day of our lives was having Jim baptize us in the Jordan and then our assent to God’s Holy City of Jerusalem that evening.. The Bible has never read the same since our trip with you as the pages of Scripture became real as you took us to where these events took place.We are askng for a miracle, as Jesus promises “when two or more, call on me I hear you and I will heal you. Hear our prayer O Lord ..Hear our prayer to perform this healing on our brother Jim Reimann. Our love and prayers go out to you both. Jim and Pam In Jesus name. Amen

29. First let me thank you for your labors of love for our Savior, and for the many “updates” that you have had the privilege to join in…we have been blessed beyond measure by your loving service. Secondly, as is obvious in your video, the Great and Gracious God whom we serve together, has rooted you firmly in the palm of His hand. May you find in each moment, each report and each day a constant assurance “that HE who began a good work in you will bring it to completion…” We are praying with and for you in this season of your journey…..

30. Angela Mitchell says:

praying, loving and caring for you. Holding you up taday as you go to the doctor.

31. margaret mhasvi says:

Jim and Pam, I have been touched by your message. I thank God for using you in very special way as His servants. We see and feel God through you. You are shining great light about Our Lord Jesus Christ into the world.
    Jim, you never got tired of signing me on the list to Israel tour and I appreciate that very much. I still hope that one day it will happen.
    Jim, Our God is Awesome. He Knows what you are going through. The devil is a liar. He is not going to interfere with your Faith level. We know that the devil was long defeated. He belongs in pits of hell. We are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus. Jesus Christ took our suffering to the Cross through His stripes and shaded Blood. We claim your health restoration through Jesus Christ. We are united in praying for His Will to be done in Jesus Name.
    Jim and Pam, we love you. We will keep you in prayers for healing, physically, emotionally and spiritually and in Jesus Name, Amen

32. May God grant you comfort peace and healing during this trial.May clarity of wisdom bring you hope and discernment. My prayer for you Jim an Pam is that the Word of God and all the “Means of Grace” renew your mind body and spirit for your good for His glory. Peace of Christ to you.

Margaret Edwards

33. Kathy Butler says:

Jim & Pam,

Your teachings at Church of the Apostles have opened up scriptures & helped me to tether The Truth to “time & space history” as Francis Schaeffer taught. Thank you for being so faithful. Your writings are a treasure. I still want to go on one of your incredible trips with you & Pam 🙂 and I’m praying for a miracle. I cannot imagine what you are going through… Thank you for your message. Your strength, honesty & courage is a testimony to the Lord’s faithfulness.

Love in Christ,
    Kathy Butler

34. Ted Hagstrom says:

I am praying for you all. Thankful for Jim’s update of Oswald Chamber’s MUHH. Thought of him many times over the years. My wife,
    Betty (Faircloth) & I shopped many times at the Bookstore in Tucker. We attended FBA
    downtown in 1980 & 90’s.

35. Candy Grossi says:

I am praying for the L-rd’s will to be done. May G-d give the doctors wisdom and may peace be in your hearts and minds.
    Candy

36. Julia Pasternack says:

Jim, Pam, and the fam,

will be praying from the west coast.

Julia

37. Sendi says:

Good is still in the miracle business. I am praying for you all.

38. Dear Jim and Pam,

Hmmm…… I’m at a loss for words……I am so sorry…….

Jim, There just aren’t the right words to describe the impact you and your writing have had on my life over the past 5 years. Your splendid updates of the best devotions ever written have carried me and many others I’ve shared your encouraging words with at times when it was hard to think ahead even one minute.

You were so gracious to take time to get to know me, pray for me and give wise counsel when I called you out of the blue. It was such a cool surprise after I left a voice mail with your assistant and it was you that called me back! It was such an honor and privelege to have you autograph copies of Streams that I gave to many many of my ministry financial supporters. I frequently get feedback and thanks for how much those books have meant to them.

Quoting from today’s Streams: “Yet the Lord knows what is best for me, and my surroundings are determined by Him. Wherever He places me, He does so to strengthen my faith and power and to draw me into closer communion with Himself. And even if confined to a dungeon, my soul will prosper.”

Jim and Pam, it’s an honor to co-labor for The King with you. I look forward to spending eternity together. You’ve set an amazing example for so many to look to.

You’ll continue to be in my prayer….for the peace of God which trancends all understanding to guard your hearts and mind in Christ Jesus~Philippians 4:7

For Him, Alan

39. Skip McDonald says:

Jim and Pam, I am standing with you in prayer and love you!

40. Cindi and John Fain says:

Jim and Pam,
    We love you both! You made Israel come alive to us. Through your teaching and example our eyes were opened to many truths. We’ve seen the strength of your faith and we know it will carry you through this difficult time.
    Love,
    Cindi and John

41. Camille Hughes says:

Thank you for your video message and I am praying for you Jim. Our God is almighty and I pray in Jesus name for healing, for a miracle only He can give. Camille

42. Sylvia Crook says:

You and your family have definitely impacted and influenced our lives. We went on the first Jerusalem tour and I will always believe that was the trip that brought Charlie back to the Lord!! I have been blessed by all of your books…but most of all, I have been influence by the two of you! I cherish the times we have enjoyed together. Jim, I believe God is sovereign…but I’m not “saved” …yet! A joke I hope you remember! Charlie and I count it a privilege to pray for you and your family. You and Pam are amazing and as would expect, you are a Christian example of how we should live our lives. Love and God’s blessings, Sylvia

43. Bruce and Merri Douglas says:

Jim and Pam,
    We are praying for you both through this trying time. As you stated we will be praying for a good diagnosis, a miracle and for God’s will to be done, trusting Him through the outcome and beyond for He is sovereign. May His spirit guide you and uplift you through this difficulty. God bless you both!
    Bruce and Merri

44. kacy chamblee says:

Praying for you and your family. May God give you comfort and healing!

45. Becky Miller says:

Jim & Pam, I love you ! & Our Father Loves you more !!! I will be praying and waiting upon the Lord with you in this journey. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. May He continually turn His face toward you and give you Shalom/peace. Becky

46. Kim and Bill Vescovo says:

Hello Jim and Pam,
    We are praying for you both and trust God to comfort and strengthen you as you walk through this most challenging period of your lives. We have such fond memories of the Christian Armory and still miss the wonderful inventory and people. In Christ our Lord,
    Kim and Bill

47. Marc Tyson says:

Hi Jim and Pam,
    Just heard and will be praying.
    Love you both,
    Marc and Laurie Tyson

48. Andrea says:

Praying for you both.

49. Carol Willis says:

Jim & Pam,
    I have been praying for you since I heard about your illness. I pray particularly for your appointment tomorrow and for God’s good & perfect will to be done. A miracle would be marvelous! I pray for wisdom for the doctors and a different diagnosis. I pray for clarity and peace for both of you and just remember that God has you in the palm of His hand. To God be the glory. Love you both…

50. Donald & Sandy Wise says:

Jim & Pam,
    Words seem so empty right now. The spirit of our Lord that lives in us will give the words of comfort, peace and healing. He will be your all in all. The things you know are true about our God draw your strength and the confidence that His Plans are right, rest in them.
    Sandy & I will always love and remember our years together at FBA. Joining you in praying for healing or God’s miracle. Love you guys. Donald & Sandy

51. Diane Collins says:

Praying for you and Pam. Lifting you up in the precious, strong arms of Jesus. Thanking him for how He has and is using your surrendered lives. To God be the glory; great things He has done…and is still doing! “Oh, how He loves you!”

52. Sandra Bemis says:

Thank you for all you have done to encourage and teach others. You taught the introduction to Isaiah for a Bible study I attended, and I was quite inspired by your understanding, presentation, honesty and excitement of the Word. When I had a friend looking for an evening Bible study, I pointed her to your class even though I had never attended myself. It made a difference in her life. Thank you! My prayers and heart go out to you and Pam. Great is Thy Faithfulness!

53. Judy Staples says:

Jim and Pam, Tim and I were in your Sunday School class at FBA. We were so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. We are praying for you, Pam, and your family!

54. Amanda Timberlake says:

I am praying for you both. I have missed the digging deeper classes and have been applying all I have learned in your classes to my readings now. I am reading the chronological bible and for the first time in my life I will soon be able to say I read the entire bible. I know that Jim’s classes helped me understand all I have read and I will be forever grateful.

55. Frank elmore says:

Jim,
    I’m praying for you. I admire your strength and faith.
    God is Great!!!

56. Beth and Carl Johansen says:

Dear Jim and Pam,
    We pray for God’s presence with you tomorrow at the doctor’s appointment. We ask for wisdom for the doctors and wisdom and clarity for you.
    “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
    It was a great blessing for us to visit the Holy Lands with you last May. Jim, your preaching at the Holy sites, always Bible based, had a profound affect on us. Reading the Bible changed for us because of that trip.
    God bless you and keep you in the palm of His righteous right hand.
    In Christ’s love,
    Carl and Beth Johansen

57. Miranda Thomas says:

I am praying for the miracle I know the folks that love you are praying for. As a new Christian the Reimann study bible was my first bible. I still have it and those first years I was so thirsty for God`s word. I have written in the margins on so many pages. Then someone told me about the devotional, “My Utmost for His Highest”. But when I tries to read it I couldnt understand it. Then my husband Dale brought home a revised copy. And it`s still my favorite devotional to this day. Thanks so much for the incredible way you contributed to bringing the Word alive to me. Miranda Thomas

58. Michele says:

Jim and Pam-you are both so dear to me. When I walked into Criatian Armory over 20 years ago I walked into a family. I cherish every day I spent there. I finally got an example of what a Godly man and woman are like and you both impacted my life greatly! I love you and Dave and I are calling out to our mighty God for healing!

59. Jane (Hadley) Charette says:

Dear Jim and Pam,
    What an awesome outpouring of love you’ve received through these messages in such a short amount of time. This truly is a testimony of how dear you are to so many – including me! We’ve seen so much change since we met back in the days of Christian Armory, but our relationships and God’s mighty Word are eternal. You will be kept close in my prayers.
    In Jesus’ love,
    Jane

60. Clara Mae Van Brink says:

Dear Jim and Pam,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your children. We have such happy memories of your and you family back in the FBA days.

Leave a Reply to Sherry Abrams Cancel reply