From the Reimann Family

December 18, 2013

At 4:44 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18th, 2013, Jim went to be with the Lord and to hear the words he has wanted to hear, “Well Done, My Good and Faithful Servant!” We know that God is completely Sovereign and has a plan for all of us, indeed fulfilling His plan for Jim. He “Ran the Race” and “Fought the Good Fight”. Our prayer over the past few weeks has consistently been for God’s will so that He may be glorified through all of this. Jim is with the Lord now, but isn’t it wonderful that he has already said what he would want to say to you today in his writings, Morning by Morning and Evening by Evening? The following are exerpts “From the Pen of Jim Reimann” in those two books.

“He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he” (Deut. 32:4)

“All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be”. (Psalm 139:16)

Thus, when it comes to sickness, we must keep in mind there may be a purpose greater than our own – that God may be glorified!

It is not God’s will for everyone to be healed each and every time we pray for healing. If that were truly the case, we would never see a believer die physically, and we know that occurs. Of course, when we see a friend or family member dealing with a difficult illness, our spiritual nature leads us to pray for them. And that is what we should do. Yet we must keep in mind that our will always must be in submission to God’s will.

It is inevitable, if we live a long life here on earth, that we will have to deal with the loss of a loved one – perhaps many losses. Although it is not wrong to pray for God’s healing, we should always desire that His will be done. And there may come a time when the Lord reveals to you that He wants to take His saint on to glory. At that point, it is not only appropriate but also obedient to release that person through prayer to the Lord. It also may be appropriate to tell the loved one for whom you are praying that it is okay to go on to glory. Remember: Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. (Psalm 116:15)

Many people fear death, but it is something believers should never fear. Paul makes it seem as natural and easy as falling asleep, and the Old Testament tells us: “There is a time for everything…a time to be born and a time to die” (Eccl. 3:1-2).

Others may say, “It’s not being dead I’m afraid of – It’s getting dead!” Yet not only is the timing of our death in God’s hands but also how we will die. And whether it is a painful home-going or not, the Lord promises, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you” (Heb. 13:5). He is “the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles” (2 Cor. 1:3-4).

So many Christians fear death, but in truth a believer never really dies. Otherwise, eternal life would not be eternal. And if we think about it, do we really want to live forever in these earthly bodies, facing continual weakening, decline, and decay? Perhaps our thinking needs to be transformed regarding these worldly shells we call bodies. May we comfort each other with these words of Paul: “The dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: ‘Death has been swallowed up in victory.’ Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?'” (1 Cor. 15:52-55).

I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain (Phil. 1:20-21).

May even our death bring glory to God, for Jesus once shared with Peter – “the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God (John 21:19).

What a blessing it is for our family to have these words from Jim to comfort us. We hope they will be a comfort to you as well. Although these words are excerpts “From the Pen of Jim Reimann”, he quotes so much scripture in his writings. Therefore, they are really the words of our Lord that are comforting us. What an Amazing Sovereign Lord we have indeed. He is truly the God of all Comfort.

December 14, 2013

Jim’s health continues to decline at a very rapid rate. Hospice was engaged last week and they have provided valuable counsel and assistance. We brought in a hospital bed and Jim is asleep most of the time except for a few moments here and there. We give him pain medication every hour or two so that he can be comfortable. He’s not had food or drink for several days now, so we know the end is approaching. Please continue to pray for Jim to experience the Lord’s peace. Also, please pray for us to love and support him in every way possible in the time we have left with our beloved one.

December 9, 2013

We received all the test results late last week, and with 99% certainty Jim has been diagnosed with Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD).  Several tests were run where positive results are indicative of CJD, and each test result came back positive.  There were also a number of tests run to explore other autoimmune disorders affecting the brain, but each of these tests came back negative.  This confirmed diagnosis is not what we were hoping for and yet we have been preparing over the last few weeks to hear it.  Jim’s mental and physical abilities have been declining rapidly, and the symptoms we are seeing clearly match the descriptions of CJD.

As mentioned previously, there is no cure for this disease.  The only treatments are pain medications and sleep aids to help make Jim more comfortable.

November 19, 2013

Jim and Pam met with a neurologist today.  It was the first visit with this doctor as previously Jim’s evaluation and testing had been overseen by a hospital neurologist.  The new doctor reviewed Jim’s history and the tests previously ordered.  The doctor also ordered additional tests which will be scheduled for later this week and/or next week.  Most of the test results from the first round of testing are not yet back from the labs, so there was no new information from this visit.  Given the time required to process these test results, it may be several weeks before any more definitive information is known about Jim’s condition.

November 15, 2013

As you may have heard, Jim has had problems with confusion since early October. He recently went to the hospital for additional testing, and he has been tentatively diagnosed with a rare disease that attacks the lining of the brain. This is a terminal illness that is an extremely rapid form of dementia. It is not known for certain how people get the disease, and there currently is no course of treatment or cure.

Prayer Requests

We continue to ask the Lord for healing and restoration of Jim’s body even as we submit to our Father’s sovereign, holy, and good purposes for Jim and our family.  Please join us in that prayer.

As you pray for Jim, please pray that the Lord would show him grace, peace, and joy moment by moment.  As you pray for our family, please pray that we each would have wisdom and discernment in how to minister to Jim and show him the love and support that he needs.  Pray that we will be reminded daily to stay strong in our faith, relying solely on the Lord’s strength, and to stay completely focused on Him, His will, and His Word.  We know that our Holy God is still sovereign over all, and we choose to trust Him no matter what.

We know the days and weeks ahead will be difficult, so we thank you very much for your prayers.

Contacting the Family

We can only begin to express how blessed we have been by the outpouring of love, prayer, messages, and practical support for our family.  Your contact from literally all over the world reminds us of special times where our lives have intersected – some for a longer time and some only briefly.  But we know that the Lord had a purpose in each relationship and we thank Him for you.

To continue sharing your love, appreciation, and support for Jim and Pam, you may contact them by either:

1)  Leaving a post on Jim’s website — www.JimReimann.com/care

2)  Sending a private email message to the family — care@JimReimann.com

Thank you so much for your prayers and support for Jim, Pam, and our family.

Leave a Reply to Les Lambert Cancel reply

485 responses to “From the Reimann Family”

1. Bettie Hodges says:

Jim & Pam,
    Gary and I are praying daily for God’s Healing and for your family. Both of you have been an encouragment in our lives, and in the lives of so many others.
    May God’s grace and love carry you through this time. In prayer, Bettie

2. Martie Price says:

I just heard about Jim’s illness and wanted to let you know that I am praying for each of your family members! I love you all!

3. Lisa Rippy says:

Dear Jim and Pam,
    I just want you to know how much your ministry has meant to me and that I am praying for you both and your whole family. The first time I ever really traveled anywhere was with you to Israel, and then on to Egypt, with just the small group of six. The most recent Journeys of Paul tour was truly a blessing. Jim’s teaching was so scripturally sound, and both of you showed me such kindness. As I continue to pray for Jim’s total and miraculous healing, I know the God we serve is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think. I also know that when our journey here ends that same God has prepared a place for us that, we can not even imagine. I praise the Lord that He will never leave us nor forsake us, even when we walk through the valley of the shadow of death. I am praying that all of you feel His presence in the days ahead more strongly and richly than ever before in your Christian walk. Love, Lisa Rippy

4. Maritzabel Hogge says:

Dear Jim & Pam,
    We pray for you every day. We pray for Jim’s comfort and healing, we pray for a Miracle to happen, we pray for God’s will and for the family strength and faith .
    We love you

5. Julie Van Gorp says:

How your faithfulness in the midst of this trial is bringing such glory to the ‘King of Kings’ and ‘Lord of Lords”, which is what I know Jim and all of you desire above all else!!! How well pleased Our Father is with you, Pam and family, as living testimonies of the sufficiency of His grace at work in your lives!!! His strength is perfected in your weakness. You are certainly daily–often hourly and more– in my prayers throughout the day and during the wee hours of the night , and always in my heart!!! What joy to know that we are merely aliens here, and that Jim has lived his life–however long the Lord grants to him—for the very purpose for which he was created—for the pleasure and glory of the Lord!!! (Isaiah 43:7-9) May His Name be lifted up and magnified by all throughout the world who are interceding for Jim and all of you his family, for He is Worthy of all honor, praise and glory, and ALWAYS good even when we don’t understand His perfect ways (Isaiah 55:8-9) Buckets overflowing with love for you!!!!

6. Andy Amor says:

My prayers are for Jim’s comfort and healing… and for each one of you caring for him directly. May you sense the Lord’s hand covering you in the cleft of the rock, protected, sheltered in the soothing shade of His love.

Spurgeon: A portion of the Lord’s family live usually in the shade: they are like those sweet flowers which bloom nowhere so well as in the darkest and thickest glades of the forest.

7. Shelby & Jerry Beal says:

Jim & Pam! Today I thought of you and still praying for God’s healing, and his grace for you and your family. We love and serve the same Lord and He is able! He will guide your family every step of the way during this uncertainty.

Please know that you and your family are so loved and we continue to pray for all of you as you are going through
    this difficulty.

Our love and prayers from the Beals’ – Jerry & Shelby

8. Debra Evans says:

I am very sorry the test results are not good. I know and know you know we serve a mighty God and anything is possible with Him. It’s hard to understand how this could happen to such a Godly man and family. I stand with many others around the world in praying for Jim, Pam and the entire family. God Bless You All!

9. DIANE LLOYD says:

DEAR JIIM, PAM AND FAMILY, I AM NOT SURE I SIGNED UP “CORRECTLY” TO RECEIVE FURTHER UPDATES, BUT WOULD APPRECIATE BEING ADDED TO THAT LIST. I CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR JIM’ AND EACH OF YOU DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME….SO GLAD YOU HAVE EACH OTHER AND PARTICULARLY A RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST…YOU ARE LOVED BY SO MANY INCLUDING ME. DIANE LLOYD

10. Joyce C Hudspeth says:

Jim I have been praying for your healing, and no matter what the doctors say, God is able to do anything that we ask. I know that this is an awful disease and that the prognosis is fatal, but I pray that you will have the peace of God shining through you, no matter what. You are a wonderful, Godly man and have touched so many lives and will continue to do so. God bless you and every member of your family.
    Love,
    Joyce

11. merry says:

Thinking and praying for you always and forever….
    merry and marty

12. chick and dennis durrett-smith says:

We love you. We are crying out to Father on your behalf. Thank you for the love and friendship you have shown us through the years. We are grateful for you and your family.

Love and blessings,
    chick and dennis

13. Caroline Debs says:

Jim: You will not recall my name, but I took classes from you and your on-line Spurgeon series has been used mightily in my life–particularly the one last December 19, which settled me down in my bout with lung cancer at the time and continued to be a mainstay for me during January through April–after which indeed the Lord delivered me from this latest threat. Now today, I have the pleasure of forwarding that same devotional from your website to a new friend who is undergoing lung cancer surgery tomorrow. The pleasure of being able to comfort someone with the comfort with which we were comforted is inexpressible, and is one of those incredible gifts of our Lord. I leave you with that passage, although I am sure you know it already word for word. We pray that we see you soon back at your post, teaching, exhorting, and sharing our Lord with us in myriad ways. We thank you for your devotion to him, and to your students…even those of you would not be able to recall. We are here, and have been greatly benefited by your faithfulness to His Word and His call on your life. Much love, a former student and fellow Saint, Caroline Debs

14. Wayne Hightower says:

Jim and Pam:

We have shared you condition with our Southside Small Group (McDonough, GA). Eight couples in our group and several are new members. When we shared that you use to run the Christian Armory in Atlanta, several knew exactly who you were. We are praying for God’s unbounded grace and strength for the both of you and your family. Your Tuesday night Bible teaching while at COTA was such a blessing to us. We have missed them. We are trusting God will grant you many, many more years of teaching and sharing His life-changing Word.

Love in Christ,
    Wayne & Pat Hightower

15. Donna Kennedy says:

Pam and Jim,
    I am so sorry to hear the news of Jim’s illness. I have been praying for healing and for God’s will for your family. I love you guys and continue to pray for strength for each day.

16. Brenda Martin says:

Thinking about you all today. We love you guys so much and we are praying for healing and strength. Keep us up to date.

17. Patricia Waro says:

During the journey of life the Lord blesses me by bringing others into my life to direct, guide, encourage, point me to the ways of the Lord and to live a life that is an example of what the Lord has done for me. Jim, you are one of those men of integrity, love for the Lord, compassion and ever teaching me and others. I am so thankful I was able to spend some time in your presence (trip to Israel and Digger Deeper). May the Lord continue to bless your time with family and may the love He has for your be evident each day. May each day bring a healing in your life and comfort to you and your family.
    In His Precious Love – Patricia

18. Judi Gertz says:

Oh how I am praying for Jim to be totally healed from this disease! May Jesus comfort Pam and the Family as they wait upon The Lord. May he renew your strength. Bless you all and keep on believing for a miracle. His ways are not our ways and we can rest in His loving arms through this huge trial! Love and prayers for you….

19. Roger Wahlberg says:

Jim and Pam, God is hearing the prayers. He is intimately aware of what is going on. He is ultimately the GREAT HEALER and loves to show His Power that all would be drawn to Him. His personal care could never be greater. He abides by Hebrews 13:5,6 and upon which we can put our full trust. You are unconditionally loved. Praying. Roger

20. Vera Peffer says:

Praying for healing ,strength and and deliverance from the evil of this world. Love you both. Vera

21. Andy Amor says:

That same God who rides upon the storm in days of tempest will also rule the hurricane of our tribulation, and send us, before long, days of peace. We shall have strength for storms, and songs for fair weather. let us begin to sing at once unto God our strength and our peace. Away dark thoughts! Up, faith and hope!
    CH Spurgeon, Cheque Book of the Bank of Faith (1893).

22. Shelby & Jerry Beal says:

Jim and Pam! We continue to think of your lives and the challenges you are facing daily. Yet we are praying for a Miracle. We know that you Jim have given us such treasures in your teachings, writings and book translations. You Jim, are a gift from God. We continue to pray for you and for your family. May Jesus give you continuous comfort! Love the Beal’s, Jerry and Shelby

23. Ruth Malhotra says:

Praying for you all!

24. Lee & Lisa Mason says:

Jim and Pam,

We are praying for you both. Deeply appreciate how you have faithfully and selflessly served the purposes of God.
    2 Thessalonians 1:11-12.

25. Brenda Martin says:

We love you guys and in our prayers daily!

26. Patricia M. Neils says:

Jim, I pray for God’s healing touch upon you & comfort for your family & many friends. Memories of you & Pam come often as I think back upon that 1st LTW Holy Land & Egypt tour as well as the 1st tour of Paul’s travels. It was a wonderful blessing to meet you & we will meet again!

27. Ellen Fleming says:

My husband and I went on Jim’s May 2011 Holy Land pilgrimage. It was amazing, and we were all the more fortunate as the group was small. I took 100 pages of notes and 1800 photos! (I am only half joking when I say that I need to go back to see what it looks like without seeing it through a camera lens!) At any rate, it was life changing and we appreciate Jim so much. Know that he is in our hearts and prayers.

28. Andy Amor says:

From Spurgeon’s Gems (1859):

We learn more true divinity by our trials than by our books. The great Reformer said, “Prayer is the best book in my library.” He might have added affliction as the next. Sickness is the best Doctor of Divinity in all the world; and trial is the finest exposition of Scripture. This is so inestimable a mark of the love of our blessed Lord that we might almost desire trouble for the sake of it.

29. Bill Morin says:

Jim: I’m so sorry about your health and the prognosis thus far. We haven’t had contact for some time. However, my memory is clear on the fact that you are a wonderful man and a dedicated Christian. There are many other accomplishments that you and Pam – out of Christian humility – didn’t point to in your video. I have no doubt that when it’s your turn to pass on into the presence of our Lord, that He’ll compliment you on how you used the talents that were given to you. I’ll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. May God bless you and your loved ones during this very trying time.

30. Jack DeLine says:

Jim and Pam,

I think about, and pray, for you everyday. I wish I was closer to cook you dinner.

Because of Him,
    Jack DeLine

31. Patty Gibson says:

J&P,
    Hugs to you both, prayers lifted high, loving thoughts.

Patty

32. Liz Potter Merrell says:

Jim and Pam,

I just heard about your diagnosis last night and I have been heart-sick about it. Donna is one of my best friends and I remember so well times with you and your family growing up. I love the books you have edited and I believe you are one of the best teachers I have heard. I saw you and Pam last at First Baptist Smyrna when you were beginning to teach on Galatians. I was visiting from Charlotte, NC and was so glad to be able to come to the study. I bought the Morning by Morning and Evening by Evening and I have been so blessed by them. You are very special and you are certainly in my prayers and will be on my church prayer list.

Elizabeth Potter Merrell

33. Jay Bland says:

Jim & Pam,

Thank you for your dedicated teaching and Christian service over the years. You are in my prayers.

Jay Bland

34. Jim and Pam, what a devastating diagnosis and prognosis for Jim. You both are in my thoughts and prayers and will remain so. Praying with you and so many others, I’m sure, for a miracle, but above, all that God be glorified through all the circumstances of your lives.
    With love–in Christ,
    Laura Heyer

35. Karen Bemiss says:

Jim and Pam,

Was just checking in again to see if we have any update and wanted you to know you are on my heart and in my prayers still – for God’s special mercies and fulfillment of His plan for you both. I know He has something special and loving for you both in all this.

All His Best,
    Karen Bemiss

36. Jim and Penny Goodrich says:

Jim and Pam,
    Your unwavering faith shines brightly in your darkest hour and testifies powerfully to the Lord’s grace and sufficiency. He says, “I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?” We are praying daily for you and your family with that verse in mind.
    Jim and Penny Goodrich

37. Carol Willis says:

Jim, I pray for you and Pam every day, but this morning as I was reading Morning by Morning I couldn’t help but think of you. As it says we know that ‘the winter of our soul comes through His wise purpose. And what a comfort to know that the Lord is the one in control! We can trust Him when it comes to the seasons of our own soul.’
    May God be very close to you and His will be done in your lives. I’m still praying for a miracle. Love you both!

38. Carol Daniel Adams says:

Just a note to let you and Pam know I will be praying for you during this difficult time. I have been friends with your sister, Donna, since third grade. I heard of your illness through Mark Reed. Carol Adams

39. Jim, heard about your condition from Jim Paullin. Jim P. gets your e-newsletter. We are praying for you and your family. You can contact Jim Paullin, for something similar happened to Jim and he was helped.J.P. 678-429-1544.

Tim And Peg.

40. Stuart and Lynn Cameron says:

Jim and Pam:
    You need to know that we cherish the wonderful memories of our times together at CBA Canada/US. We will never forgot our first meeting where we discovered that you shared our same (strange) sense of humor! What fun it was to tour the Ottawa Art Gallery together and laugh! Your friendship to us is all the more important knowing that it is rooted in your deep love of Christ and His love for us.
    Please know that we will be praying for you and your family, we love you much!
    Stuart and Lynn

41. Tim Johnson says:

Jim and Pam,

We have certainly had heavy hearts since we heard the news. Jane and I have so many great memories of the times we shared together through CBA, not only the times at the conventions, but the days together at board meetings. There were certainly challenges faced during those years, yet God’s faithfulness was evident to us in so many ways. In the same way, we are confident that the Lord will again show His faithfulness and love to you in the days and weeks ahead. Please know that we are thinking of you often and praying for you daily. We love you both.

Tim and Jane

42. Les Lambert says:

Just checking on Jim’s condition and to see how he and Pam are doing….
    Pleas let them know that the Lambert’s are prayng for them……..

In Christ,

Les & Pam Lambert

43. Patrick Clough says:

I join in the chorus of gratitude and prayer for you all.

44. Tabitha says:

Don’t give up!! Praying for complete healing over your body in the name of Jesus. May the demons of disease be cast out and may complete recovery take place. God bless you for yours and your family’s strength to keep going in lieu of everything happening.

45. Matt Freeman says:

Jim,

God is faithful. That is the legacy and lesson that you have consistently imparted. “Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations … Dueteronomy 7:9

Jim, you are a treasure — truly, one in a million. You have mentored me and encouraged me to press on to seek the Lord with a greater dependence. Me, and my family, have been the recipients of your love and care, which have sparked biblical insight, edifying friendship and liberating humor (lest we forget those priceless moments of unleashed laughter). The trips to Israel, learning and listening to you teach about the greatness of God and the supremacy of Jesus, were extraordinarily faith stretching and life trasnforming. “Drop a pebble in the water: just a splash, and it is gone; But there’s half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on,
    Spreading, spreading from the center, flowing on out to the sea. And there is no way of telling where the end is going to be.” (“A Pebble” by James W. Foley).

We pray God’s mercy will be extended to you and your family. We believe God’s very best and trust that He can and will make you whole. Most of all, we join in asking our Father to be honored and esteemed as He sovereignly unfolds His purpose in and through the life of a faithful servant of Christ, James Reimann.

Much love,
    Matt Freeman (and Chris, Zach and Kai)

46. Mimi Marr says:

Dearest Jim, Pam and family
    I pray for you daily. My heart is so very full for the privilege of knowing you both. God’s strength and grace shines from all of you. You are dear to so many who know you all. God answered my prayer for Courtney when she met and married Aaron. You have been an inspiration and mentor to her as well as to Lori and me.
    May God continue to give you strength knowing
    how heavy your hearts are now.
    My love to you all. As you so lovingly expressed “To God Be the Glory”,
    Lovingly,
    Mimi

47. Sue Coursey says:

Jim & Pam, Just had you on my mind all day today as we
    spoke of what we are grateful for… I am very thankful that I
    have the privilege of knowing so many REAL Christians. You are among that class of friends and judging by your remarks, I am not the only one to consider you as such. We
    serve a remarkable and faithful God and He allows us to
    give out as well as receive His love. You have been faithful to give out that love .He will reward you! I am thankful on this Thanksgiving that you deserve any and all His rewards.
    Love to you both, Sue Coursey

48. Jim –
    For all the yrs. I’ve known you – you’ve always been a man committed & devoted to closely following the Lord – growing in the grace & knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a Divine provision that we know from His Word that God’s heart is purely good, and that He loves us – & always has from before time began – with a love like the Father has for the Son; because sometimes in His infinite wisdom, His will includes hard things we don’t understand & that to our humanity appear threatening.

“The crucible for silver & the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the heart.” Prov 17:3
    And I see in you a heart that trusts God at His Word and trusts His heart as He’s revealed it in His Word…a man steadfast in confidence in Who it is we believe in. As you & Pam face this, you are not alone. You live in surround-sovereignty & He has put His own Spirit in your inner man. Christ in you – the hope of glory.

Nan & I are praying for you guys daily and for the Lord to heal you – if that’s His will. But if He asks you to walk through this – you won’t be alone. We’ve walked though a lot together and we will this too. For sure.

Your lifelong friend – Bill Anderson

49. Diane Sabom says:

Hello Reimanns,
    Thinking of you and praying! Hope you have a day filled with love, peace and the blessings of family and closeness to HIM!
    Diane Sabom

50. Sheila Lau says:

Jim and Pam,
    I just sent you a personal message on the email, but wanted to write one here as well to let you know that Bob and I are praying for you daily.
    With love and prayers,
    Sheila and Bob Lau

51. Tom and Despo Neumeyer says:

Dearest Jim and Pam,
    Praise and thanksgiving this day – Thanksgiving Day for your life, your love, your gifts and your witness to our Sovereign Lord. May His love embrace you in a special way with a peace that passes all understanding and may He speak to your hearts with His intimate gentle whisper. May His power and presence reign and radiate ,
    On bended knee with grateful hearts for your life.
    Despo and Tom

52. Jackie Hodges says:

Jim and Pam, I just want you to know that you have been brought to mind lots since I found out what is going on with your health. I am praying for you to have a “sound mind”. I also have a group of ladies that have seen some miracles in prayer happening as they have been praying. They are also praying for you both.
    You guys will always have such a special place in my heart after our trip to Israel. Also for the updated version of My Utmost and Streams because I can now give these treasured books to my young friends that could not understand the original books! They love them and have shared them so many times also.

Hang in there Pam. It is so hard to be the caretaker. We as women would much rather it be ourselves.

Would love to see you both but I am sure that there are not enough hours in the day to see all that would love to spend time and pray with you! Know you are being prayed for in Cumming, GA

Much love,
    jackie

53. Nancy and Jeff Dark says:

We are holding you up and prayer! Praying for healing and strength.

54. Tim Skinner says:

Dearest Jim, Pam & Family,

May Father’s grace, mercy and supernatural peace prove sufficient for you during this trying time. We join the multitudes that are praying for you around the world as you continue to live for Him. We love you very much.

Tim & Brenda Skinner
    Psalm 20

55. Linda Hicks says:

Jim, I have been praying for you since Carol called to tell me about your illness. Our church is also praying.
    Continue to give us updates. May the Lord give you peace and healing. Love, Linda

56. Esther Conner says:

Jim, I remember you from the choir at FBC in downtown Atlanta. I also love your sister, Donna. I remember well your parents. I have your updated books and admire you greatly. My prayers will be with you and Pam. Blessing to you and your family.
    Esther Conner

57. Jim, Lois and I are saddened to hear of your health situation, but we are encouraged because we know of your and Pam’s relationship with the Lord who cares for his children. Love you all and will be praying for you as you continue to seek medical answers.

58. The staff of Lexington Baptist Church is praying for you, your family and your health. We have had the pleasure of working with your son, Aaron, and he told us about your need for prayer. We will pray that God fully heals you in a miraculous way. Blessings on you and your family!

59. Mary Gellerstedt says:

Jim and Pam,

I am praying for your healing. God is able and as
    we trust Him his will well be done.
    Love you two and your extended family.

60. Doug Ross says:

Just read about your illness. I can appreciate what you are experiencing more than most – my problem is Hydrocephalus – too much spinal fluid. And dementia is the result of each of my six shunt surgeries. To this day I have memory loss – short term – sometimes can’t remember what I had for dinner last night – etc.

Sure sorry to hear of your situation and I pray the medical community can help. However I’ve discovered that great medical care is a great backup to prayer and the support of other Christians!

Just to help you know who this is – I was President of ECPA. Your leadership in CBA was remarkable!

Leave a Reply to Les Lambert Cancel reply