From the Reimann Family

December 18, 2013

At 4:44 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18th, 2013, Jim went to be with the Lord and to hear the words he has wanted to hear, “Well Done, My Good and Faithful Servant!” We know that God is completely Sovereign and has a plan for all of us, indeed fulfilling His plan for Jim. He “Ran the Race” and “Fought the Good Fight”. Our prayer over the past few weeks has consistently been for God’s will so that He may be glorified through all of this. Jim is with the Lord now, but isn’t it wonderful that he has already said what he would want to say to you today in his writings, Morning by Morning and Evening by Evening? The following are exerpts “From the Pen of Jim Reimann” in those two books.

“He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he” (Deut. 32:4)

“All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be”. (Psalm 139:16)

Thus, when it comes to sickness, we must keep in mind there may be a purpose greater than our own – that God may be glorified!

It is not God’s will for everyone to be healed each and every time we pray for healing. If that were truly the case, we would never see a believer die physically, and we know that occurs. Of course, when we see a friend or family member dealing with a difficult illness, our spiritual nature leads us to pray for them. And that is what we should do. Yet we must keep in mind that our will always must be in submission to God’s will.

It is inevitable, if we live a long life here on earth, that we will have to deal with the loss of a loved one – perhaps many losses. Although it is not wrong to pray for God’s healing, we should always desire that His will be done. And there may come a time when the Lord reveals to you that He wants to take His saint on to glory. At that point, it is not only appropriate but also obedient to release that person through prayer to the Lord. It also may be appropriate to tell the loved one for whom you are praying that it is okay to go on to glory. Remember: Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. (Psalm 116:15)

Many people fear death, but it is something believers should never fear. Paul makes it seem as natural and easy as falling asleep, and the Old Testament tells us: “There is a time for everything…a time to be born and a time to die” (Eccl. 3:1-2).

Others may say, “It’s not being dead I’m afraid of – It’s getting dead!” Yet not only is the timing of our death in God’s hands but also how we will die. And whether it is a painful home-going or not, the Lord promises, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you” (Heb. 13:5). He is “the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles” (2 Cor. 1:3-4).

So many Christians fear death, but in truth a believer never really dies. Otherwise, eternal life would not be eternal. And if we think about it, do we really want to live forever in these earthly bodies, facing continual weakening, decline, and decay? Perhaps our thinking needs to be transformed regarding these worldly shells we call bodies. May we comfort each other with these words of Paul: “The dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: ‘Death has been swallowed up in victory.’ Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?'” (1 Cor. 15:52-55).

I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain (Phil. 1:20-21).

May even our death bring glory to God, for Jesus once shared with Peter – “the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God (John 21:19).

What a blessing it is for our family to have these words from Jim to comfort us. We hope they will be a comfort to you as well. Although these words are excerpts “From the Pen of Jim Reimann”, he quotes so much scripture in his writings. Therefore, they are really the words of our Lord that are comforting us. What an Amazing Sovereign Lord we have indeed. He is truly the God of all Comfort.

December 14, 2013

Jim’s health continues to decline at a very rapid rate. Hospice was engaged last week and they have provided valuable counsel and assistance. We brought in a hospital bed and Jim is asleep most of the time except for a few moments here and there. We give him pain medication every hour or two so that he can be comfortable. He’s not had food or drink for several days now, so we know the end is approaching. Please continue to pray for Jim to experience the Lord’s peace. Also, please pray for us to love and support him in every way possible in the time we have left with our beloved one.

December 9, 2013

We received all the test results late last week, and with 99% certainty Jim has been diagnosed with Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD).  Several tests were run where positive results are indicative of CJD, and each test result came back positive.  There were also a number of tests run to explore other autoimmune disorders affecting the brain, but each of these tests came back negative.  This confirmed diagnosis is not what we were hoping for and yet we have been preparing over the last few weeks to hear it.  Jim’s mental and physical abilities have been declining rapidly, and the symptoms we are seeing clearly match the descriptions of CJD.

As mentioned previously, there is no cure for this disease.  The only treatments are pain medications and sleep aids to help make Jim more comfortable.

November 19, 2013

Jim and Pam met with a neurologist today.  It was the first visit with this doctor as previously Jim’s evaluation and testing had been overseen by a hospital neurologist.  The new doctor reviewed Jim’s history and the tests previously ordered.  The doctor also ordered additional tests which will be scheduled for later this week and/or next week.  Most of the test results from the first round of testing are not yet back from the labs, so there was no new information from this visit.  Given the time required to process these test results, it may be several weeks before any more definitive information is known about Jim’s condition.

November 15, 2013

As you may have heard, Jim has had problems with confusion since early October. He recently went to the hospital for additional testing, and he has been tentatively diagnosed with a rare disease that attacks the lining of the brain. This is a terminal illness that is an extremely rapid form of dementia. It is not known for certain how people get the disease, and there currently is no course of treatment or cure.

Prayer Requests

We continue to ask the Lord for healing and restoration of Jim’s body even as we submit to our Father’s sovereign, holy, and good purposes for Jim and our family.  Please join us in that prayer.

As you pray for Jim, please pray that the Lord would show him grace, peace, and joy moment by moment.  As you pray for our family, please pray that we each would have wisdom and discernment in how to minister to Jim and show him the love and support that he needs.  Pray that we will be reminded daily to stay strong in our faith, relying solely on the Lord’s strength, and to stay completely focused on Him, His will, and His Word.  We know that our Holy God is still sovereign over all, and we choose to trust Him no matter what.

We know the days and weeks ahead will be difficult, so we thank you very much for your prayers.

Contacting the Family

We can only begin to express how blessed we have been by the outpouring of love, prayer, messages, and practical support for our family.  Your contact from literally all over the world reminds us of special times where our lives have intersected – some for a longer time and some only briefly.  But we know that the Lord had a purpose in each relationship and we thank Him for you.

To continue sharing your love, appreciation, and support for Jim and Pam, you may contact them by either:

1)  Leaving a post on Jim’s website — www.JimReimann.com/care

2)  Sending a private email message to the family — care@JimReimann.com

Thank you so much for your prayers and support for Jim, Pam, and our family.

Leave a Reply to Don & Judy Spruill Cancel reply

485 responses to “From the Reimann Family”

1. Larry olivia says:

After 10 years of reading Streams in the Desert, I have read the Bio of Mr. Riemann and his death. I am 83 years old and this book has given me an uplift ever day. If I miss one day or more of reading, I always go back and read the days I missed. It has and continues to help me understand life, the suffering we endure and that God is always at our side. For that I thank Mrs. Cowann and Mr. Riemann and know they are with God for the work they have done on earth. God Bless them both.

2. Gaye Moonieya says:

Beginning Streams again I read the intro and was then prompted to Google Jim and Aaron. Streams and Utmost are my 2 favourite devotionals and I always give them as gifts. So sorry that Jim went home but as others have said here it is Heaven’s gain. God’s comfort on you as a family. Jim’so legacy lives on. I gave my late husband Utmost shortly before he passed into glory. He was also young. Only 60. But God knows. Blessings from South Africa

3. Gaye Moonieya says:

4. Charles Piazza says:

Reimann Family,
    I was reading “Look unto Me” for December 1st and was prompted to look up Jim bio. I wanted a peek at the man who expounded Spurgeon so wonderfully. Well, I’ve learned that shortly his passing will reach the 2 year mark. I pray comfort and grace for you on this milestone.
    God’s tender touch on each of you!
    Charles Piazza, York, Maine.

5. Deborah Ott says:

Dearest Pam,

For the last year each and every day, I have prayed for you and your family, as you have earthly mourned the loss of Jim. However, I know you also have had victory in knowing he is in the presence of His Lord.
    Today I pray for the peace, comfort and strength of our Savior, that He will surround you and envelope you in His Grace.

6. Andrew Amor says:

Dear Pam,

On this anniversary of Jim’s home-going I pray that you will be bathed in the love and peace of Christ and strengthened in your faith. I was impacted by Jim personal and group teaching. He was a great teacher and a caring man of God.

Spurgeon preached of a man who leaves this world who says “Jesus, thou art with me, thou art with me, passing through the stream! The stream is sweet, it is not bitter: it is blessed to die.” Spurgeon then explains “This is the ‘abundant entrance’ of the man who has manfully served his God – who, by his divine grace, has had a path unclouded and serene – who by diligence, has ‘made his calling and election sure’ and therefore as a reward, not of debt, but of grace, hath entered heaven with higher honors and with greater ease than others equally saved, but not saved in so splendid a manner.”

7. patti adams says:

Pam and Reimann Family — Just want you to know that your precious husband and father’s legacy lives on. The Lord is not wasting your pain. This was the prayer of me and my dear husband Tom, whom we lost just this year on May 30. And I want to comfort and encourage you by saying that you have been faithful foot soldiers for the Lord, and this one “widow” lady appreciates His work through you and through Jim. Who knows? Maybe your Jim and my Tom have met now that they both are Home! With Affection from Afar, patti adams, San Diego, CA

8. Martha Hidalgo says:

Dear Pam, I heard a testimony this morning on Moody Radio and the young woman mentioned “Streams in the Desert.” I knew I had a copy and yet had never come to use it. One of my daughters was drawn to that precious book a couple of years ago as she walked through a very sad and dark place in her life, it lifted her spirit greatly. So when I heard that testimony today I knew this was the time for me to finally bring this book into my quiet time.
    Many years ago you came to BSF in Grand Rapids and God graciously placed you in my group and that Christmas, you presented me with a signed copy of “Streams in the Desert.” I have no doubt God knew then that one day your thoughtful gift inscribed with your dear husband’s signature would be something that would be a blessing to me personally. So when I went on line to find a site in which I could relate this to you and saw that Jim was now with The Lord I – I felt greatly saddened for you and while his joy in his heavenly home is wonderful – I remember your speaking of him with such great love and respect and I am sure you are missing him greatly- I will pray for you Pam that the God of all comfort holds you in His everlasting arms. “The Lord is near to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
    In His grace, Martha Hidalgo

9. Bill Allen says:

I miss Jim. So much. The time he spent with me was precious to me. He taught me so much about the Lord. I can’t imagine what or how I would think differently about the Lord without the lessons I received from Jim. He loved God so much and he loved talking about God. That’s why, I think, I enjoyed so much talking with Jim. I learned a lot, but it was amazing to see the look in Jim’s face and the tone of his voice when he got going about how awesome our Lord is and all that He has done. I am truly blessed to have known Jim and I will pass that blessing onto my girls. I love all you Reimanns. God bless you.

10. Deborah Ransom says:

Our beloved Mother read Streams in the Desert as long as I can remember. When she went Home, Monday, August 26, 6:44 a. m. I asked my brother, Kenneth if I could have her copy. He smiled and said she gave it to him two years earlier. I do have my own copy, which she encouraged me to get years ago.
    A dear friend gave me a copy of Streams in the Desert
    Hope for Hope Hearts. I will now share it with others.

11. Charlotte Bitterman says:

This is my first time on your website and so just learned of your husband going home to be with Jesus. I pray for the Holy Spirit to continue to bring His peace and comfort to your heart and to your family’s hearts. May you feel the loving arms of Jesus holding you tight minute by minute. In His love

12. Judi Gertz says:

Pam,
    Each day I read the devotions of Spurgeon, I am so blessed by Jim’s writings. I pray for you and your whole family and know it is Jesus who holds you close through your sad loss. I remember the rich time I spent talking with Jim when you hosted the beautiful luncheon for Heart to Heart! Those years of training will live with me the rest of my life. Bless you as you live with incredible memories of your life with a Mighty Man Of God. You and your children are an amazing legacy to our world, and Jim is now in His presence! What a home going it was for him to see so many he taught as they all fell down at the Throne to worship the King! Sending you my love and prayers, Judi Gertz

13. Anne Tuller says:

Dear Reimann family, Two of my brothers and I traveled to Jordan, Egypt and Israel with Jim and Pam… and then took the trip with them to Greece and Turkey. What a blessing!! We will always remember those trips and the wonderful teaching we received! Jim Reimann was a wonderful man of God! It was a blessing to our family to know him. Our prayers are with you all as you celebrate his going home to be with our Lord! May God give you great peace and comfort!

14. Mary Beth Henderson says:

I was given a copy of the updated Streams in the Desert for Christmas by a dear friend because of the trials that my children and I are experiencing and it has been an encouragement and blessing to me. Just this morning I took a little more time to read the introductory pages and author bios. After seeing that Jim leads tours to the Holy Land, I immediately looked up Jim’s website. So I am very saddened to read of Jim’s recent death. I am sure it is still as fresh as yesterday as you work to adjust to the “new normal.” What an intruder death is! No matter what it’s form, it so highlights the fact that we were not created for this, that death was not part of the very original Garden. And praise be to the God who is making it so again.

15. Morgan says:

I’m so sorry,I love Pa and I miss him so much but he is in Heaven now and he is having fun with God.
    XOXOXOXO love you!!
    -Morgan❤️

16. Jan (Murdock) Maniatis says:

Pam – it’s into January now but I have had you on my mind, in my prayers and in my heart since receiving the news of Jim’s passing. I know for you the challenge of a life different, is where you are. Your precious children and grandchildren are still grieving. I just want you to know I am bathing you in prayer and am so grateful for yours and Jim’s ministry and service. You have been a magnificent example to many, including myself. I am so sorry your precious guy has been taken but soon, very soon, the reunion will be glorious.
    In Him, Jan

17. Tom Robinson says:

So-sorry to read of Jim’s passing, as I just left a note of appreciation to Him today, after finishing the first year in the updated MUFHH book.

May God’s comforter send peace, comfort and joy through these times. Blessings & love, Tom

18. jean mcintyre says:

Pam and family, I’m so sorry to hear about Jim’s passing. It was such a shock when I read it on face book. I was not aware he was ill which made it a bigger shock. I was so blessed to be in yours and Jim’s home during the Heart to Heart I attended a couple of years ago. Your encouragement so was overwhelming, One of my special members was when you two prepared the Seder meal for us at the Heart to Heart meeting teaching us and letting us experience the Passover meal. What a teacher and an incredible man of God and what an awesome legacy he has left behind. Having lost my son in September, I know the pain of loss. One thing that gets me through on a daily basis is my faith and knowing they are both home and being held in the arms of our Savior. Take care my friend and you and your family continue to be in my prayers. God bless you. Jean McIntyre

19. Linda Allen says:

Pam, I’m so sorry to hear of your husbands home-going. I had a note from Pat Broyles today. I will be praying for God’s peace and comfort in the days ahead! He is faith to us what He has promised and will never leave nor forsake us! I’m so thankful God crossed our paths many years ago and I’ve had the priviledge of knowing you and of meeting Bethany! Praying His special blessings to be upon you all! Love & Prayers, Linda Allen, Franklin, NC

20. Brenda Martin says:

Love and Praying for you Pam… You have been such a inspiration to us all through these last weeks. Keep in touch and I will do the same.

21. Eric Smith says:

Dear Pam,
    I am in sympathy with you in your loss.
    Jim will be missed. May God who sees your grieving
    heart and hears each tender prayer be ever near to
    give you peace and keep you in his care.
    Condolences,Eric

Attended digging deeper classes at Church of the apostles.

22. Sharron Vogelhuber says:

Reimann Family,

Thank you for allowing Matt and I to participate in such an inspiring funeral ceremony. We had ‘CHURCH’ yesterday and I left feeling renewed in my commitment to ‘God’s Word, My Service and Devotion to Jesus’. Jim was still speaking and will for many years to many ‘Disciples of Christ’. I am so blessed to have known Jim and Pam as their life together has inspired my walk with Christ, my marriage, my friendships…I look forward to being a part of Jim’s legacy on earth as his writings and teaching will live on until we meet him again in Heaven. Oh what a glorious day that will be to see Jesus and all the saints who went before us. May God keep you in His comfort as the days ahead will be lonely at times. Matt and I are always a phone call or text away if you need us. We love you all so very much!!!!

23. Kevin Riggs says:

My spiritual life is certainly richer because of the many items I bought at Christian Armory and through Jim’s revised edition of My Utmost for His Highest. Jim also assisted me with a couple of college projects and spoke at a Christian music seminar I helped organize at Georgia State.

We often think of the Great Commission only in terms of salvation, but it also encompasses spiritual growth as it says to “make disciples”. Jim’s work watered the spiritual soil of countless believers, including me.

24. Steve Howells says:

Jim and I were elected to the CBA board at the same time. I count a real privilege to have served the industry with him. He was a true servant-leader. I will always have fond recollections of shared meals, serious discussions, and just plain fun times at board meetings. His remake of “My Utmost for His Highest” still remains a blessing. Pam, please be assured of our continued prayers for you and the family. Our loss is heaven’s gain. Love and prayers,
    Steve Howells

25. Janice Tennent says:

Pam we will continue to pray for you! Many fond memories of you guys at the Christian Armory and beyond! Love and prayers.
    Janice Tennent

26. Beth Reagan says:

Pam,
    I am praying for you as you mourn Jim’s leaving this life to enter into God’s presence. What powerful witnesses you both have been to so many. he has been glorified even in Jim’s fatal diagnosis and the videos and posting you all have done. Thanks for reminding us of His goodness, love. sovereignty through all this. Much love, Beth Reagan

27. Allen and Sheri Dresser says:

Pam and family,

We were so sad to learn of the news about Jim’s illness and our hearts break for your family for your loss. However, we rejoice in Jim’s home going and knowing that he is now in heaven with the Lord.

We are so grateful that we had the great blessing and opportunity to experience Jim’s profound lessons and teaching during his “Digging Deeper” classes at COTA. He was a truly remarkable and gifted man whom God used in a mighty way. Reading “Utmost for His Highest” daily is a such a blessing and reminder of the great impact for the kingdom that Jim has had and will continue to have on so many for the Lord.

Please know that you and Jim and your family have been in our constant thoughts and prayers during this time.

Our deepest sympathy and prayers for God’s peace, blessings and comfort to each of you during this time,

Allen and Sheri Dresser

28. Kathleen Edwards says:

Pam,
    I don’t know if you remember me. We were in a Beth Moore Bible study together at Calvary Church in Grand Rapids. It was called Breaking Free. I was suffering with severe depression and you came along side me and were a friend to me. I have never forgotten you. And now I pray for you as you mourn the loss of Jim.
    You are in my thoughts, prayers, my heart.

29. Dave & Bev Clark says:

We were sad to hear the news about Jim. Our son Brian knew Jim and Pam well, in Atlanta. We rejoice about his homegoing and pray for Pam and family. Jim has passed through the valley. Bless you all.
    Dave &Bev Clark- Cincinnati

30. Ginger Howard says:

Pam,
    Thinking of you and praying for you and your family! Rejoicing that Jim is in the presence of the LORD, but sorrowful for you! God used him mightily to further His Kingdom, and I know that brings you all great comfort!

Love you!
    Ginger

31. Larry and Anna Wing says:

Our heartfelt condolences and prayers for God’s grace and comfort. Pam, we were indescribably blessed by our amazing and life-changing visit to the Holy Land and Jordan in 2008. Our photos stream on our PCs, but vivid memories stream in our hearts. We will never be the same. Jim’s Monday evening Digging Deeper sessions were additional blessings that stirred us to do just that… dig deeper. Now in our retirement from corporate life, the highest priority for us is striving to be Bereans as was Jim in all he did to inform, educate and bless his students. His life is a shining example indeed. Thank you, Pam and Reimann Family, and God bless you for sharing his time with us all.
    With love and prayers, Larry and Anna Wing

32. Linda Lawson(CFA Windy Hill) says:

Pam & family … To me this time for Jim’s Home going is just so “Bitter/Sweet”…bitter because you have lost a love one so precious to you & yet sweet, because Heaven has gained a wonderful Saint unto the Throne of God! Bitter because I too feel this lost in my heart & life and sweet because Jim is in Heaven and we will all see him again! In my eyes, Jim preached & lived his own funeral with his life! I know he touched many, many lives & he touched mine also! I will miss his cute little jokes he use to say to me at CFA! It will never be the same without him! You Pam have touched my life as well! I could feel your love toward me just radiating. I could see the Spirit of God just spilling over from you to me! Jim will be missed here on earth, but also I can’t wait to meet him again in Heaven! I count it all joy to have had him in my life. It has been an honor to have known him as well as it’s an honor to know you my dear sweet Pam! This is probably one of the hardest times in your life, but as we well know … God & His Holy Spirit will wrap their harms around you & your family! My love ((( hugs wrapped in prayers))) I send to you & your family! MsLinda ( CFA WINDY HILL)

33. Karen Lasher says:

Pam, I can’t tell you how stunned I was to hear of Jim’s home-going today. I think of both of you often and have many fond memories from past CBA days. I pray the loving Holy Spirit will comfort you and your family now and in the difficult days ahead. I consider it an honor to have been considered a friend of Jim Reimann.

34. Charlotte Parks says:

“For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will reward me on that day – and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.” (2 Timothy 4:6-8). Jim was a giant for the Lord. Much of the world paused for the past few weeks and watched as he yielded to the Lord’s will in a final act of obedience. Well done, Jim, you have been an inspiration to us all.

35. Chuck McKinney says:

rejoice with Jim at the glorious sights we saw! It was an amazing moment beyond human description. It ended quickly, and I was once again caught up with my concerns for all of you, and the unbelievable human loss you are experiencing. Please be aware of the deep feelings of Christian love we have for you in these hours of normal and understandable grief for your loss. Today, I’m reliving all those years we lived in Georgia with you and your family and with Jim’s folks who lived across the street from us. They’ve become over night more precious to us than we can possibly express. You are dear friends; be assured of our continued love and our prayers in your behalf. We look forward to the time when we, too, shall join Jim “in the Father’s House” forevermore. May God’s grace comfort and sustain you.

36. Chuck McKinney says:

I received word of Jim’s going into his Lord’s presence last evening just before retiring for the night. I was so shocked by the news that instead of going to bed I stayed up to pray for each member of your family, asking God to give each you “the peace that passes understanding.” The more I prayed for you the greater my glimpse of heaven became! All of a sudden I felt I was accompanying Jim as he passed through the portals of heaven and into the presence of our Lord! In that moment, I brushed away my tears which were so real and began to resmile

37. Joyce says:

A huge sympanthy hug to the whole Reimann family, friends and church community. We are still in shock as we know you are, as this all went so very quickly. This is not the “healing” I prayed for Jim but this is what God had in mind. We’ll understand one day, I hope.
    On another note, how do we donate to the “Digging Deeper Fund”? I can not find this online and would like to suggest this to our group of Reimann friends en lieu of flowers, per your request.
    Thanks and hugs! Mike and Joyce Daniel
    Greensboro, GA

38. My prayers and sympathy with Pam and the family. Jim was a wonderful man dedicated to God, family, friends and neighbors. God speed, Jim.

Sandy Thomas
    1039 Woodruff Plantation Pky

39. Lynn Waalkes says:

I was so sorry to hear of Jim’s death, and so grateful to have met him during my time at CBA. You are all in my prayers for comfort. It is a loss for you–but what a sweet gain for Heaven!

40. Jan Hine says:

Pam, you and all of your family, (and your sweet grandchildren), are in our hearts and prayers. What a great loss. But what a great witness Jim was for Christ, for all who knew him and many who did not, but benefited from his study and proclamation of God and His Word!!!
    I am so very thankful he is rejoicing now!!! love, Jan and Charlie Hine

41. Joyce C Hudspeth says:

I am so sorry to hear of Jim’s death, but I am so thankful that he is with God and no longer suffering. I read the book WHEN GOD DRAWS NEAR last night and cried for the beautiful young lady that the book was about and also for Jim. They were both such warriors for Christ and I know will be greatly missed. I never knew Jim except through his writings and The Christian Armory book store, but I feel connected through Donna and Ben. Each of you will be in my prayers through this difficult time. God bless all of you.

42. bob cargo says:

Pam and family, We thank the Lord for Jim’s life and ministry!! It touched our lives – as new friends when you all came to Intown; then in reading your devotionals (What a huge blessing to thousands and thousands of people!), and on our trip to Israel with you, and then in your generosity to several of our church planters. You will be in our prayers, and we praise God for a life well live in God’s grace!

43. Doug and Shirley Dworak says:

Shirley and I weep with you. No words can express how we feel for you and your family. Jim was such an amazing man who treasured and loved God first. Can’t wait to sit with him again and share the goodness of God and to laugh and share stories of our times together! We love you all.

Doug and Shirley Dworak

44. Laura Barefoot says:

We are heart-broken that Jim is no longer with us but rejoicing that he is healed and with our Father and Lord. We are praying for Pam and the rest of the family.

Jim has had a great influence on our Christian walk. Through the fellowship that he and Pam encouraged at their bible study at Apostles, we made life-long friends and my husband and I came to know each other there and later fell in love and married.

With love and sympathy,
    Laura & Bradford Barefoot

45. Carolyn Pressley says:

This morning I read all 3 devotionals from Dec. 18 and each of the scriptures Jim had written in them with his signature. I had to cry for joy!

Of all the people whom I have known personally, I have to say that Jim (and Pam) have had the most profound influence in my Christian walk and will continue to.

Pam, you and Jim have “walked the talk” and your walk says it all. When the “rubber meets the road” you exemplify what you teach. You and your family are blessing me even now is your witness of giving glory to God in all things.

I love you more than you can know.

46. Kelly Whitehead says:

Pam and Family~

Thank you for allowing us to walk this journey with you. You are a great inspiration to the family of God and truly express the hope that we have in Him. I pray that the road ahead is paved with His peace, love, and grace.

Blessings,
    Kelly W.

47. Jill Duncan says:

Pam and family.
    I am deeply grieved by Jim’s passing. I am so sorry for your loss and will continue to pray for you and your family.
    Just so thankful to the Lord and my sweet sister (and yours!) Lydia for connecting us, that I was able to go to Israel with you in 2012. Knowing and learning from you and Jim has strengthened my walk with the Lord.
    Thank you so much for inviting me, a complete stranger, into your blessed home for the meeting and to God be the glory for enabling me to go and learn.

I love you so much!
    jill

48. Kelly Abrams says:

My parents are friends of yours, and I want to reach out and send my love and condolences to you and your family.
    You are all on my heart and thoughts.
    Much love,
    Kelly Abrams

49. Dear sister Pam & Family,

Yes, Jim is home now….

Sending you my love and I will continue to lift you up in prayer.
    May our Heavenly Fathers Shalom be in your hearts.

Shalom from the Netherlands.
    Agnes

50. Mark Taylor says:

Jim was a wonderful retailer, a gifted writer and editor, a man of God. We are all richer for having known him.

51. Andy Amor says:

From my mother who was praying for Jim during his illness:
    What a beautiful reflection of Jesus is Jim as he shared the golden words of the Lord on the sea of Galilee [his YouTube video]. I am truly blessed by his message from the Lord and for the honor to have prayed for him in his transforming body…. Jim is now at the Master’s feet and what a blessing that must be.

When he talked about the silversmith I thought of how Jim now sees the Master’s face and I was thankful that we have a Lord that reveals His love and caring ways to care for us when we have our new bodies. I am sure that Jim’s life was like [light] for many, who heard him speak God’s words and to teach them about the Holy Light of Christ in us. I wish I had met him. But someday I will know him, for we will share a heavenly home with our Lord.
    [Alyce Amor]

52. Susan Miller says:

Pam and family, so sorry to hear of your loss, but remember fondly the trip to Israel. Jim was such a special person and I appreciated his ‘lessons’…be well. Susan

53. […] Disease (CJD) and passed away at 4:44 a.m. this morning (Dec. 18), as reported by his family on his website. CJD is a rare and extremely rapid form of dementia that attacks the lining of the brain. Jim was […]

54. Brenda Freeman says:

Oh, Pam I rejoice with you at the homegoing of Jim at the same time know the pain you feel in your heart. I will be lifting you and your sweet children up each day I was up this morning praying and prayed for you all at the time Jim went to be with the Lord. I even emailed Richard and Vicki Thomason because knew they would want to pray for you all. Amazing how we are awakened and called to prayer. I love you and your family. I will continue to lift you up in prayer and know I love you. Brenda Freeman Jer3:33

55. Criselda Keas says:

Pam & family… I am so sorry.
    Jim was God’s servant and served HIM well as Jim got each of us to know Jesus on a personal level more and more with each lesson. Jim will be missed.
    God bless you & be with you.

56. Jeff Clough says:

I’m so sorry, selfishly, to see Jim go. But I’m glad he’s with our Lord today. Christmas in Heaven! And I’m so grateful for Jim’s example, set down in what he wrote. He had a real talent for insight and clarity of expression.

We pray for his family who are left with us, for comfort and healing. We’re with you, but the Creator of this universe is with you and in you. Rest in Him as you grieve and look forward to the day when we’ll all see each other again.

57. Don & Judy Spruill says:

Pam, we are so sorry to hear of Jim’s passing. We know that he is rejoicing in the bosom of Jesus right now…praise God! Thank you and Jim so much for all he taught us about Scripture in Israel and in the Mediterranean. Those were some really blessed times. Jim was a brother who never compromised the Gospel, and set an example for everyone who knew him. God bless his memory!

58. Jon & Gail Clarke says:

We are so sorry! I still cannot believe we were just enjoying the beauty of Corinth, Ephesus and the Greek Isles with you guys just 2 1/2 months ago!

Heaven gained a great saint today but we will miss Jim’s great wisdom and love here on earth.

Our prayers are with you, Pam, and the rest of the family. May God supernaturally soothe you and grant you peace.

59. Yvonne Hood says:

Thank you for those beauty words Jim and family…Their is a spiritual healing I seem it working w/ Hospice.. Thoughts and prayers w all.. It`s not the end.. love w/peace

60. Andy Amor says:

I was missing Jim’s teaching voice and wishing I had gone to Israel with him. So I watched a YouTube video of him teaching in a boat sailing across the Sea of Galilee (’11). He seemed to get a little choked up when he said, “We should have faith in the POWER of Jesus – to do one of two things: The power to transform the storm… or to transform us. He’ll do one or the other…. God uses [storms] to conform us to the image of His Son…. The Refiner knows when the silver is perfectly refined: when it reflects His face.”

Jim’s impactful teaching is still being felt. And now that he’s in heaven, his fully refined silver is perfectly reflecting the Face enthroned before him. And oh how Jesus must be smiling!

Leave a Reply to Don & Judy Spruill Cancel reply